American Chop Suey
Veg American chop suey, is served a bit different here and there, like in this version, crispy fried noddles is served with tossed vegetables in the sauces, without out chicken nor eggs to top it.
American Chop Suey is served with crispy noodles , that can be made at home or you can buy from any special grocery shop, which has the availability. But in both the cases, the taste shall remain the same, scrumptious, mesmerizing and palatable. I simply love it, with ready crispy noodles and with home made crispy ones, hope you like it too.
Here’s my take on Chicken American Chop Suey.
You may also like these recipes
- 1- 2 cups crispy noodles ( home made or ready made)
- 150 gms chicken ( boneless )
- 3 /4 cup cabbage finely chopped into long thin strips ( though I hve taken more of cabbage )
- 1 large carrot finely chopped into long thin strips
- 2 medium finely chopped capsicum into long thin strips
- 1- 2 green chilly stilted
- 4 – 5 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp red or green chilly sauce ( I added both as I have both but you can add any one or both )
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce ( optional )
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 -3 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- Orange red color/ tandoori color ( optional )
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE CRISPY NOODLES:
- 1 packet hakka noodles
- Oil ( optional )
HOW TO MAKE AMERICAN CHOP SUEY
- Wash , clean and boil chicken in a deep pan, with little salt , and 3 – 4 mugs of water.
- On the other hand chop all the veggies, and keep aside..
- In a small bowl add cornflour with a cup of water and keep aside.
- Once the chicken gets boiled , remove from the stalk and shred and keep aside.
- Now in the same stalk ( If the stalk is less , add one cup of water ), add the diluted cornflour and bring to a boil, stirring continuously so that no lumps formed.
- On the other hand, in a pan add little oil or olive oil add chopped garlic and slittled chilies , saute for a minute , add all the veggies and fry for 2 -3 minutes ( though I like a bit crunchy so I just frY for a minute ) .
- Add shredded chicken, salt , pepper and 1/2 tsp soya amd 1/2 tsp chili sauce for flavour.
- Mean time keep stirring in between the cornflour with stalk and add all the remaining sauces , salt , pepper , orange colour/ tandoori colour ,and keep on low flame until the cornflour is cooked and the gravy has become thick ..
- Now add these crunchy veggies to the gravy and cook for half a minute on low flame , adjust the seasonings .
- Now on a serving place add few crispy noodles, pour this prepared sauce and place fried egg on top.
- Serve American Chop Suey immediately .
- Boil water in a broad pan, add salt with 2 -3 tbsp oil ( optional ) and add noodles while stirring it occasionally. Cook until the noodles are half done but not cooked.
- Drain and keep aside for an hour , now heat oil in a kadhai, deep fry these noodles in small batches at a time unti they turn golden and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and repeat with the remaining noodles .
- Serve with veg/ chicken american chop suey.
- Keep the crispy noodles in an air tight container, so that its crispiness is intact.
PREPARATION TIME:SERVES : 2 -3 Persons.
- Keep on adding few fried noodles in your gravy whenever needed for best results .
- For Veg American chop suey, do not add chicken nor the fried egg on top where as replace the chicken stock by vegetable stock.
- If you do not have stalk , no problem , take plain water and add cornflour , keep on gas on low flame , stir continuously and bring to a boil.
- If you want to add ,ajinomoto you can but its better to avoid as its said that MSN is harmful to our health.
- Though if you want to skip orange colour , you can , but in restaurants they add colour to give that vibrant look.
- If you do not like fried egg on top, you can skip this step also, but in restaurants they do serve with egg.
- You can increase or decrease the no of tsp of chilli sauce as per your taste.
- Adjust the sauces as per your preferences in american chop suey.
- If the stalk has half dried up , add 1-2 cups of water or as per your requirement for the gravy needed.
- When you fry noodles at home for making crispy fried noddles, make sure you add small batches of noodles in oil for deep frying as when you add them, they instantly come up , and you might hurt yourself, so make sure you add little quantity and fry in batches.