Coriander Fried Rice
Coriander Fried Rice is an experiment, by me, though wanted to make something different to serve with my chicken garlic & pepper gravy, other then regular fried Rice, so thought lets give it a try….!
Here is my Recipe of Veg / Chicken Coriander Fried Rice.
- 3/4 cup shredded boiled chicken
- 1 carrot chopped into thin cubical shape
- 1 capsicum chopped into thin cubical shape
- 2 cups of basmati Rice
- 1/4 packet of hakka noodle
- 1 – 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 4 -5 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 4 -5 small spring onions blub, each chopped into 2
- 2 -3 baby corns , each chopped into 3 pieces
- 1 tbsp green chili sauce ( optional)
- 1/2 bunch of coriander leaves
- 1 -2 whole red chilies
- 1 – 2 green chilies
- salt to taste
- oil/ olive oil
- Wash Basmati rice, in running water 3 – 4 times, soak for half an hour .
- In a wok / broad fry pan, add oil and pour in the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, scramble it with a spatula , once cooked set aside on a plate.
- Boil 6 -7 cups of water with desired salt, now add rice ( drain and then add rice) and cook on medium flame until al dente or just cooked, drain and keep aside.
- Boil water with salt, add noodles and cook until almost done, drain the noodles and keep them under tap water for few seconds,immediately transfer in a plate and add 2 tbsp oil, mix well . ( this procedure will prevent the noodles to stick each other nor will they be soggy )
- Wash the coriander leaves , and blend it in a food processor with 1 green chilly, into a coarse paste ( make sure you do not blend it into a paste nor too coarse)
- In the same wok add 2 tbsp oil, once the oil is hot, add whole red chilly, garlic and fry for few minutes.
- Add onion bulbs , carrots, baby corns, capsicum , shredded chicken, scrambled eggs, salt, pinch of pepper , 1/2 tsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp soya sauce, full coriander mixture and saute for a minute.
- Add rice and noodles , the remaining vinegar , soya sauce , pepper powder, green chilly sauce ( optional) , mix everything well, fry for a minute or two, and remove from fire( you will notice , your fried rice turning into a light green colour with aromatic flavor )
- Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- If you do not want spicy Coriander Fried Rice, do not add any of these two, green chilly sauce nor green chilies, or if you prefer less spicy just add either , green chilies to coriander or green chilly sauce, choice is your.
- You can adjust the seasoning and sauce as per your preferences.
- Do not over cook eggs, scramble and fry for a minute , drain and keep aside , it should be soft.
- You can add more coriander leaves, then mentioned above, as my bunch had good quantity.
- If you want to make only veg / chicken coriander fried rice then do not add noodles.
- For veg fried rice, do not add chicken and eggs, rest procedure is same.
- Make the coriander coarse paste at the time when you need to add it, as it will give a good color.
PREPARATION TIME: 50 Minutes.
SERVES: 4 Persons.
Click here to try my Chicken Pot Rice recipe. Another Indo Chinese fusion.