Fried Rice is a Chinese recipe but you will find it almost everywhere around the globe. Its is a dish which tastes even more better when served with veg/chicken Manchurian, veg/chicken chilly gray, veg/chicken sweet & sour & the list of gravy goes on & on. Whereas there are variations like schezwan fried rice, Triple fried rice, Singapore rice, Coriander fried Rice, Panking rice and so on.
Fried Rice has varieties such as Veg, Chicken, prawns fried rice and so on. Well recently my visit to Thailand surprised me that the chefs there play so much with the ingredients and not serve the same rice everyday like their list is so long such as Egg fried rice , Garlic fried rice , Veg garlic fried rice, Egg & vegetable fried rice and so on. They serve a variety of fried rice, not only the fine dine Restaurants but even the street food joint serve in varieties.
Fried Rice is a delicious main course served with any kind of gravy. It is simple, easy and quickest rice Recipe. You just need to chop all the veggies and pre boil soaked Basmati rice , toss in a wok with Chinese sauces to get that perfect taste. Well I remember that 15 years before I use to give coal dungar for smoky flavor to my Fried rice be it Veg or non veg. This was because we usually never had the iron wok for making them. The way it is readily available now. Here is my recipe of an Indo Chinese Fried Rice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 4 cups Basmati rice
- 1 – 2 tbsp Ginger & garlic finely chopped finely
- 1 Green chilly finely chopped
- 2 cups Vegetables chopped (carrots, beans, cabbage & green capsicum)
- 2-3 medium Spring onions, reserve the greens for garnishing
- 2-3 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE FRIED RICE
- Soak rice in water for half an hour, boil water in 15 minutes with some salt and cook the rice in boiling water till the rice is 3/4 done. Drain the rice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a iron wok/ wok ,add finely chopped ginger & garlic and green chilly. Fry for few seconds or till the garlic and ginger turns translucent.
- Add onions chopped into 2 pieces (white portion of spring onions)and saute for half a minute.
- Now add chopped vegetables & Cook over high flame for few seconds. ( Make sure you do not over cook the veggies )
- Combine together soya sauce,tomato sauce, chilly sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and add it to the pan. Mix everything well.
- Add the cooked Basmati rice, salt and pepper powder as per taste. Mix gently until combined.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions (green portion of spring onions).and serve hot with any Indo – Chinese gravy.
- Increase or decrease the number of tbsp of chilly sauce, vinegar, soya sauce as per your preferences.
- You can add boiled 1/2 cup shredded chicken and add at the time of adding sauces for non veg version.
- Make sure you are quick with the procedure of mixing rice with the vegetables and sauce, as the Basmati rice may start breaking if you stir too much.
- Make sure you stir the rice for few seconds and serve hot with any veg or non veg Indo Chinese gravy or else the grains will start breaking and for Fried Rice you need long grains.
- You can use non stick pan if you do not have iron wok.
PREPARATION TIME: 30-40 minutes.
SERVE: 3- 4 persons